Sunday 5 July 2009

My piece of cake on "A piece of cake".

Photobucket

Best.Book.Pon.De.Roadsides.

Absolutely more than brilliant. I finished reading this book with a new viewpoint on life, God, relationships & self and spiritual growth.
This book educated me on such high levels boi, like she takes you through what it's like to be a real gangsta in california, she was part of the Crips so she talked about all the rules, the language, what it's like to properly be part of a hardcore gang, not all these fake jedi jedi bois in the UK who think they're hard because they jacked some ANY guy's blackberry phone.
But I digress.
I was also educated on what it's like to be a true hardcore trash can junkie i.e real hardcore drug addict. The way she described everything made ME feel like a crackhead & I've never done or tasted any drug in my life, she just did SUCH a good job. I even started using American phrases during my time while readin it, it was just so catchy, she's an amazing writer *does love heart sign with my hands*.
& the book is actually quite hilarious uno, certain times readin it on the bus or in the salon or wherever you'd just see me crack a smile or burst out laughin unnecessarily, hell if they were readin what I was readin they'd laugh too !
But what overall got me is her rise from the lowest of the low to being the woman she is now, we're in completely different situations and I could have never gone through what she did and come out the way she did on the other side...but her rise inspires me to want to be all I can be, makes me feel like I can do anything...she's just an inspiration bravz, trust.

Definately reccommend to all those who think life's lessons come easy, they don't.
It's worth more than what it costs...those of you who like reading & even those of you who don't...should definately take time out to read this book.
*Another love heart sign*

xoxo

0 comments: