Friday 17 July 2009

This & that.

Photobucket

The wedding was absolutely beautiful. I had a lot of fun getting to know some of my new extended family, very good looking & very friendly people. They're from Cameroon but I learned that they share a lot of their culture with the Calabar culture in Nigeria so they share a lot of the same foods & stuff. Even though I was sick during the wedding by God's grace I was dancing by the end of it lol, which is a big deal for me cause usually during that time of the month I'm damn near paralyzed. The food was absolutely amazing, the wedding reception hall was beautiful, the bride & groom wedding dance was so cute [ awww my uncle is so shy bless him ] & it was just overall good times. I got to meet Tabi & Misan, my new neice and nephew. They're so cute, Misan's one years old & the smartest one year old I've ever come across, overly cute too. Tabi's 5, a bigtime trouble maker but I adopted him anyway, I'll steal pics of them from my uncle's camera & eventually put it up on here.

After the wedding we went straight to New York. I went on my first ever tour bus, this was it :

Photobucket

I liked the look of it, it was quite peng.

Photobucket

That's me & my cuz on the tourbus, she was tired [ she's ALWAYS tired now that shes preggers ] & she lost her earings so she was jus tryna relax there behind me. The tour bus was a lot of fun, it just rounded up our day & it was a nice journey too.

Next day I met my cousin's Bawo & Alexis.

Photobucket
Photobucket

Two of the sickest people on the planet. Bawo's 20 & Alexis is 13. They're crazy as hell, intelligent & just overly fun to be around, Alexis step dances, graduates top of her class in EVERY class & that is her REAL HAIR bravz.
Bawo plays all the sports in the book, works in a sneaker store & is a genuine full blown ladies man. Charming all around & a very friendly and sociable dude, he has some extremely gorgeous female friends who are all hung up on his personality cause it's so sick...he's the type that'll open doors for you, pay for your shit, get you discounts in lady footlocker & buy you soul food then snap you out of it when you're fallin asleep. He has your back for days too. It pays to be charming people...it really does.
The two of them gave us the REAL New york experience, they took us on the trains & buses where there were more crackheads than I can count on my fingers then they took us down to Harlem. Harlem is like east London in terms of the way it looks but the people are completely different. The people are S.I.C.K. I'm sure some will disagree with me but they're very down to earth down there if you know the right people, Bawo knew every Tom, Dick & Harry on the roadsides so we were already hooked into knowing cool peoples anyways. As I said there were some gorgeous females who were just screwed up off his charm, his male friends lol...long stories.
But yeah it was good times down there man, I think that day we spent in Harlem was probably the best day. We watched the movie "Blood, the last vampire" in the evening.
It was.
In one word.
CRAP.
NEVER in my life have I seen such poor acting, grammar, graphics & storyline. It was complete & utter RUBBISH, me & Bawo were just laughing the whole way through, the gore wasn't even the type of gore that'd make you wanna spit out your food or nothin, the blood looked like juice bravz.
But I digress.
We went to woodberry commons on the last day, that was rubbish. Designer clothes aint all that uno, people make such a big deal out of it but it's just overpriced nonsense with someone's name on it. We went to all the designer stores in that place and the only place I managed to buy stuff in was 2b bebe, everywhere else was just the most amount of bull. I like clothing lines like "House of Dereon" & "Applebottoms" & "Baby phat" n what not, but this year the clothes...were just not doin it that much at ALL. I dunno wtf is goin on with fashion them sides...it's like they got some kinda wack hippie theme goin on right now, I'm seein clothes that look like tye dye were just dashed on them wrecklessly that are costin $70-$100 dollars, bun that.

The flight back was a horror movie, turbulance all up n thru and I couldn't even sleep properly, all my body HURT after n it was just some new form of suffering o_O but at least I'm home now though.
The trip overall had some good & bad times, I learned a few things and got a lil restless just sittin there because I wasn't doing anything to touch on my goals or my dreams, but now that I'm home I can. I definately wanna go back in December but I danno if I'll have enough to hit up 3 places, so I'll have to plan that out as time goes on.

So in a nutshell...that was it.

xoxo

1 comments:

MsBeni said...

awww i loved that you enjoyed yourself maam :)

i only went to the Bronx. i was like 11 or so and it scared the crap out of me. It was so unlike what Im used to here in Japan so it scared me half to death. the ghetto and u know the whole lifestyle there and me didnt gel. it kinda seemed a lil like back home with an urban twist to it. yanowuhahmean?