Saturday 29 August 2009

Is love really THAT blind ?

Photobucket

This picture just says it all, in the sense that sometimes...we're the ones blinding ourselves.

Everyone likes the feeling of love, being in love.
The good morning texts.
The "I just wanted to let you know how much I miss you" emails/inboxes.
The snuggle times.
The kisses.
The feeling of knowing someone feels the same way about you that you do them.

But no one thinks about the consequences.

The consequences that the person you're falling for just may not be worth the love that you're giving to them.
Being mentally/physically abused, having the foundations of your peace of mind shaken, loosing who you are & your life, the risk of your whole being becoming about that person then the relationship becomes unhealthy.
Why ?
Because we're not smart.
I know so many girls who are so in love with the idea of falling in love, they're willing to dive into anything no matter how painful it is just so they can experience it. They obviously have no idea what they're on about... but for those of us who have been in love before, isn't it really worth it to just take things that bit slower ?
Rushing as I've learned only ever leads to hurt you could've avoided if you were smarter, I mean, what's wrong with spending a little more time with each other just as friends ? [ I almost said "mate"...oh my daze @_@ ] without all the messy stuff like sex & feelings & time limits, why not take it that little bit slower to really KNOW the person you're about to give your heart too. It's not about "longin it" as some people like to call it, it's about taking the time to really get to know someone, before you willingly give up your peace of mind & wholeness of heart to someone else to keep.

I recently made up my mind that if a guy is ever in the picture, it would have to be a month + before I even make up my mind that I like them as a FRIEND let alone start to allow myself to have feelings for them, because if that aint the case you get idiots tellin you after 1 week how much they like you, how great they supposedly think you are & all this other foolishness that belongs in the bin. The purer the foundations the better.
Although...people say there is the problem of when you have a good friendship with someone & you get into a relationship with that person, if you break up with them there's a strong chance that it'll be harder to salvage the friendship after. Sometimes it is but sometimes it isn't. People make the mistake of not giving each other space after they break up, when I say space I mean REAL space, space enough so they can think about their ex being with someone else & it's practically no skin off their nose, that's when they know they're ready enough to start their friendship again from the top.
Trust me when I say I'm ready to take things as slow as possible out here, cause that guy who is the truth WILL stand the test of time.
It's better to be smart about these things than to wrecklessly go in & by the end of it be several pieces of your heart short because some looser still has bits of it in his pocket.

xoxo

2 comments:

Sojourner_iArt said...

This was refreshing....I couldn't agree more with you and as I was reading every paragraph I couldn't help but end each full stop with an "amen". You need to talk to some of my girlies about this issue...

"just take things that bit slower ?"

Come on preacher lady! Its so true, just relax, take time, no need to rush at all...

I am officially a fan! lol

pOokie said...

Lol thanks so much hun :o) Sending lots of love your way xoxo