Saturday 29 August 2009

*Yawns* Just a quick update.

Photobucket

I'm so jealous.
I've had the longest weekend, I've had barely any rest the whole week so I really just wanna collapse into my bed [its got that fresh bed sheet feelin` goin on too] & let sleep drown me.
However I can't.
Cause I'm being forced to watch final destination 3.
So I though before I konk out let me drop a blog.
Ahem.
It's been a really long week too...but thankfully this week has all been about personal growth for me. I've been spending a lot of time in the kitchen cooking [ I was surprised to learn that I actually am a good cook] & I baked cookies on friday with Cindy. I made them by 5:00pm & by the time I got back downstairs by 7:00pm my family had demolished them. I was too proud of myself to get irri over it, hell, I thought I'd bun cookies if I ever baked them on my own but I didn't & u knowwwww this maynnnnnnnnnn.

Also, my Piano & music theory is getting a hell of a lot better :o). In terms of my vocals ...erm...confidence & creativity is my biggest problem right now. I can adlib & sing all I want on my own, but once I get up infront of a croud I freeze up [as proved last week thursday...I'd rather not talk about it thanks]. It was some seriously emotional times, I cried after & Cindy and my vocal coach scolded me like never before...it's not like I were seriously singing in a concert, I was ministering in a church & I got waaay more nervous than I should have allowed myself to cause I weren't prepared, plus I'd let a bad comment get to my head & shattered my confidence.
However, I ministered again last night to my own church & it went a hell of a lot better...I was still nervous as hell but I handled it better. I guess this is just another hurdle I have to overcome & I know with time I will. In terms of the song I'm writing I unfortunately haven't been paying as much attention to it as I should have been, so I plan to use the next couple of days to really get some stuff down.

Plus, I move out next sunday. Am I shittin' bricks ? Hell yes. I have NO idea what's in store for me in terms of who I'm living with and the experience life is about to throw at me. I don't know anyone in the uni, I don't have any idea where to even start...& I'm spending so much money this year which is KILLING me...I hope it's all worth it.


xoxo

0 comments: