Thursday 19 November 2009

Write me a letter, not an email.

Photobucket


Ahhhh, love letters. Love letters. Lurrrv letters. I love them. I love them because they mean so much more recieving a letter that took time to write than taking the 20minutes to punch in a few keys on the computer. I love it when you see all the cross outs, the underlines, the chicken scratch handwriting cause they eventually got tired...that means more than any email in my books.
I dunno if I'm the only person who still loves the idea of love letters, but if I am so be it.

I was reading Christiana's blog earlier on today [ I refer to her so casually because I'm sure you all know of her already ] and I was reminded of an earlier blog she wrote called "Bringing back natural interactions" [ at least I think it was called that anyway ]. This blog stirred something in me, cause I've always been a big fan of letters, post it's, notes, lunch dates etc.
Even though I have no problems with calling someone because sometimes it really is necessary I just think sometimes a visit is more appropriate...a lunch date... go see a movie together...something ? All these things over time have been so slyly replaced by :
- Texts
- BBm & iChat
- Facebook/Myspace/Twitter
- Phone calls
- Voicemails even @_@
- Skype etc etc
Even though I'm guilty of using these...very guilty actually because some people you just DON'T want to see face to face, you should never get no wrapped up in it that you get addicted so you have virtually no time for yourself or end up spending no REAL time with anybody else.
[ This used to be one of my biggest problems, but over the course of this year I've come to realize life begins to literally pass you by, even when you're in the presence of other people you're still possibly texting someone else, or your phone rings, or your BB messenger goes off or something ].

I dunno, call me old fashioned, but I just find it means so much more to go that extra mile, you know ?

xoxo

0 comments: