Wednesday 18 November 2009

Forgiveness ? Necessary ?

Photobucket


So I was reading a blog by Christiana [ Christiana Rants ] called "Forgiveness & Bowties" & I was all noddin' away with what she was sayin, shaking my head at the necessary points & what not until I got to the end where she asked all readers for our opinion. I was pretty sure what I was going to say until I started typing it. At first I was all like "Yeah, I agree man trust, forgiveness is essential, you have to forgive & let go cause it's healthy for YOU bla bla bla" so sure about what the hell I was saying, until I got to the middle of my lil paragraph and started to disagree with myself...I weren't like "If a person doesn't deserve it then just let go" but I was thinking...how far can you go with forgiveness ?
If someone does you wrong of course the first thing that's gonna come to your mind is that you can't forgive them, because it's hard, real talk it is, forgiveness isn't something that comes as naturally as it should, it takes time and a whole lot of hurt & releasing to be able to REALLY let go, but is that person worth all of that is my question. I know we have to forgive, not even for them but for us, it's essential because it's healthier for us [ plus you're gonna be the ones loosin' sleep at night and not the other party involved ] but sometimes do they really deserve it ? & how far are you expected to go ?
Some think forgiveness means letting the person who hurt you back into your life no matter what circumstance. I say it depends. If it's a small issue that with time you know you'll get over/ it was an accident and the person didn't intentionally hurt you or something then I see no issue with [ in due time ] allowing the person back into your life. HOWEVER. I question whether it's okay to let a person back into your life who after hurting you showed no real remorse but then suddenly decided to find a conscience and apologize somewhere down the line, but it could depend how deep the hurt runs.
It's hard man, let me not lie.
It's hard to let go of what's broken you and say you forgive someone, because you know for a damn fact while you're struggling to do so they're carrying on with life as normal while you're trying to pick up the pieces.
But I guess you're doing it for you, not them.

xoxo


0 comments: