Tuesday 9 March 2010

Goals.

Meet Leah Smith:


Photobucket


Her song "Beautifully Made" excites my spirit. Her tone, the technique in which she uses her voice and the strength behind her lyrics all give me something to look forward to when I pick up my own pen.


Also meet Lydia Paek:


Photobucket


She's not an established artist, I only know her due to videos on youtube, but damn...my girl has got it goin' on. Her voice and technique are nothing short of brilliant, she knows her style and she knows how to use it well. I love it.


Lately, discouragement has been my biggest problem, and it's been overall these two ladies who have made me want to get better each time I listen to them sing. 
They make me want to touch my dreams more than ever. I've been doubting myself a lot lately, whether I can really do this and whether what I'm reaching for is for me simply because there's so many kinds of different talent out there and so many big voices, so I struggle to find where a voice like mine would fit...but I'm slowly gaining some perspective and direction.


It's time for me to stop shrinking back everytime a hurdle comes and tackle it head on.





Leah Smith - Beautifully made.





Lydia Paek - Turn your lights down low (cover)
See more of her stuff on www.youtube.com/JUUKKES


xoxo

4 comments:

Unknown said...

OMG dat Leah Smith song is sooooo gud! that's goin on replay boi!!! lol

nice blog gal:)

p.s. so how/where can we hear u sing?

wannabewriter said...

OMG...girl thanks for introducing this artiste...alas the real face of music has shown itself....

pOokie said...

@Miss Carmel - Girl I'll be postin up vids of me singin soon, & I FEEL you on the Leah smith song, it's beautiful right ?

@wannabewriter - YES. Honestly we need more artists like this, not this bubblegum nonsense being called music nowadays.

Akpomena Rana said...

U have a blog and u never told. Shocking!

x
http://akpomenarana.blogspot.com/