Monday 1 February 2010

Have you forgotten that NOBODY is perfect ?

Photobucket

"If you have 12 fingers, flaunt those ten fingers like they were the most beautiful thing in the world & learn to love your insecurities, because God made no mistake when he put them on you" - Pookie.

I'm sorry people, but this rant couldn't wait.
So me & my girl stephanie [Read her blogs' .. www.herlifeandlyrics.com and www.ghanaiangeisha.blogspot.com ] were talkin' this evening about people who expect too much from others and how media has succeeded in hugely deceiving us into expecting to run into the impossible...the type of men/women that are sooo fine runnin' all up and through on tv.
This greatly pisses me off.
I don't get why people suddenly think it's okay to shoot people down for little things such as "Her feet are bigger than mine/his trainers are not on point/her hair isn't long enough" that's not having standards thats just down right shallow talk ; fair enough first impressions matter but little things like that are NOT enough of a reason for you to decide a person is not your time. My most favourite line I've been hearing lately is "I don't go for dark skinned males/females" and if you ask them the reason why they don't have one...it's okay to have preference, but you can't be ignorant forever, if a male or female...whatever their race/skin colour is good looking then you need to appreciate it, not pretend like they're not JUST because they are said race or skin colour. It's stupid.
I watch a lot of guys go on and on about how they think a girl should look and if certain girls don't look that way then they're not worth their time. I'm not surprised to hear that a lot of their descriptions are girls that are damn near impossible to find, they don't seem to understand that carrying this stupid mentality is what's going to keep them from finding anyone that's worth their while, the same goes for girls. If you're going to go around for the rest of your life with the mentality of "I'm not going to be with someone unless they look like *insert almost perfect description here*" then you're living in fantasy land, need to be swiftly slapped by reality and obviously hardcore lacking common sense.
Having standards and being SMART about your standards are two completely different things. Open your eyeballs, the women/men we see on TV have been airbrushed beyond measure, caked in make-up, possibly even sprayed/rubbed down with vaseline so that their skin is lookin' all glistening and what not...but on a normal day they're lookin' ORDINARY and HUMAN like the rest of us. These are two words that mankind need to get back in touch with. People forget that people are only human and are definitely going to have imperfections. You will never EVER find a man/woman who is perfect in every way and has the on par personality to match, it's NEVER done. We all have flaws in and out and it's time we began to accept this and be a little more open minded. The best looking person isn't exactly going to be the person that's going to love you the best...sometimes you may end up with someone a lil' bit lower than your standards and they may make you the happiest person on earth.

Trust, being ignorant and shallow will get you NOWHERE. If it's just because you're on some #OneNightStand or #JustABeat foolishness, then you'll be surprised when you're feelin' empty because you've had enough, the pretty faces are boring & you can't stand their conversation.

Ladies/gentlemen... if you find yourself getting rejected by a man/woman who has made such stupid comments about you don't feel discouraged, they probably weren't even worth half of you anyway. I used to allow the comments of others to greatly make me feel insecure, they didn't even need to be talking about me, just hearing a man I found attractive talk about what he finds attractive and finding that I didn't match that description made me feel very insecure. Made me feel like no one "worth my while" was checkin' for me lol. It took me a very long time to come to a place of acceptance in myself and how I look...I wouldn't say I'm 100% percent comfortable because it does take a good while to get there, but I'm well on my way. So if a person is talkin' about what he/she finds good looking and you find you don't match that description e.g "I like girls with small feet" yet you know you're a size 9, don't be discouraged, because someone will come along that will love ALL of you. At the end of the day you're stuck with yourself, imperfections and all, so you might as well learn to love you right ? No one should ever allow some ANY man/woman that obviously knows nothing about life to make you feel like you shouldn't look like you.

& that's me done for the night.

xoxo

P.S - WHO is shallow hal to be shallow anyways ?! If he was lookin' like taye diggs then YES I can understand...but since he's not...man needs to FALL.BACK. #NuffSaid.


3 comments:

NayCay said...

AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH ! I Love Love LOVE This ! Real Talks Right There Babes ! Gonna Recommend This ! :) x

Sojourner_iArt said...

I love this.....it seems finally there are people whom see this area of life from my point of view!

Tammy said...

Cool blog...Im following you now...
Please check out and follow my blog aramatic.blogspot.com