Wednesday 20 January 2010

MORE big changes.

Photobucket

Ok so today, I joined a facebook group called "care for your hair".
This group alone, after being in there for 10 minutes, was enough to convince me to finally make the decision of never relaxing my hair again.
I want a TWA [Teeny weeny Afro] ...I want one badly.
If you visit "sheacocoaluv" or "misskrisnew" on youtube you'll see soon enough my loveeee for TWA's...I was carrying one in a weave for a while early last year but now I wanna grow my own.
Relaxers has never really given me any problems [ except burn the hell out of my scalp on occasion and make my hair extra brown ] however, the problems it could possibly give me in the long run...I'm not willing to take the risk. I think it's time to bring my fro back but this time it'll be mine <3
I thank God my hair is already short, because then my transition stage won't be too long. I'm not sure whether or not I have to braid...or I even want to...it's too much work plus I don't mind walkin around with regrowth in my hair, I'm not that far from the stage where I can go do my BC [big chop] and go about my business. Yeah, I know, I'll have to invest a lot of time into my hair in the mornings and I'll have to be extra careful about the products I use, but I don't mind.
I've been considering growing out my hair natural for a whiiiiile, before I decided to start cutting my hair actually...& I was warned from one of my girls about the effects relaxer can have on your hair, but I was keen to experiment with short hair so I carried on. I've always been advised to just go natural, a lot of my girls have told me to do so in the past but I didn't listen cause I didn't think I could maintain it...but I think now it'll look nice, especially when I'm wearing my hoochies [hooped earings].
I'm probably gonna look like I jumped FRESH off the boat comin from Nigeria, plus the fact that for some time I'll be a bit limited as to what I can do to my hair...like I won't be able to do a frohawk until about a year later or something...but I can make it work for me.

Day I decided to stop using relaxer - 20th of January 2010
Let's see where I am this time next year.

xoxo

4 comments:

*Super Star Sumz* said...

I've been considering the same thing but when Lil Wayne rapped about tough Nigerian hair I think he was talking about me!

I'm not sure if I'm ready for the work I'd need to put in to maintain it and my hair's pretty long so I'm in two minds!

Well done for being brave enough to make a decision and I eagerly await hearing about your experiences over the next year.

Much Luv
xXx

Robyn Latice said...

Good Luck girl. i recently decided the same thing. Its been 3 months! :) But I'm nt doing the BC, Im just letting it all grow out! Good luck on your journey though!

ShardayINWonderland said...

I luved this post!! Natural is the way 4ward.. everyone thinkz itz hard 2 manage... but blk hair full stop whether relaxed or natural takez effort to maintain..
I've got natural hair and alwayz hav had natural hair.. but ummm my hairz broken off quite a few timez bcuz I just kept throwing it in weavez n extensionz!! But now I've made the conscious decision 2 look afta it even if I put it in weave/ extensionzz...
N so I wish u luck... u'll look diff not like everybody else n dere relaxed hair lollolz

*sry for the essay*

Sharday

ShardayINWonderland said...

Thx for the following!! But ur following the wrong blog, thoughtz of an upcoming writer is da one I dnt use...
Itz; http://shardayinwonderland.blogspot.com
Thx really appreciate u being my first follower!! much luv
:)