Monday 28 December 2009

A bit of randomity is always good.

We live in a world, where everybody can be themselves

Yet people choose to live the lives of someone else
Fake names, fake image, real games & real lies
They don't realize that eventually...the game gets old.
The mask wears down, the truth comes out
So what're you left with ?
You can't pretend forever
Eventually who you are starts breaking out
Your personality starts to show, before you know it there you are...
& when the day comes, how do you explain ?
What reason do you have for acting this way ?

As for me...I choose to be me
Sit in the beauty of who I am
Show myself off & the way my God created me
Flaws & all, truths and all my mistakes
Living my life for you, for me, so we know
That there's no one out there who can do me better than me
The same way no one can be you better than you
So why would you try & be somebody else ?
& put yourself in a position where you're stripped down
Watered down, empty & without shape
So if you're not you, then who are you ?
As for me, I'm me...I'm as me as they come.

- Pookie.

I was singing to no particular beat, melody or anything & then this happened and I wrote down what I could remember... yes, I know it has no solid flow nor does it make much sense but it's a work in progress. The first time I got it down on paper it was actually much messier than this & a whole lot longer but I'm working on it...it's not lyrics or a poem...I don't even know what to call it, but eventually I'll turn it into something anyway.

xoxo

0 comments: