Friday 23 October 2009

"Friends"

Hello all, I'm back so long as I have space :o)

My life's been a madness since I last sat down to properly blog on here, who knew my foundation year would be so intense ? I've really had to get myself together and prioritize so this barely leaves me with any time for myself, however when I do find time for myself I'm found writing, practising the piano or just being.
I'm involved in a lot of stuff this year so I'm always busy, but in the midst of my busy-ness I have been able to stop...and stare, this meaning taking the time to sit down and actually evaluate my life and those around me. In these times theres always something new I'm learning or finding.
Honestly speaking, a lot of my "friends" have dropped from my life like flies, is this a bad thing ? no not really, you need to shed off the unnecessary and categorize your friends...it took me a while to learn that not every friend you have is necessarily going to be good for you, you need to realize who fits where and until you notice this your actually quite pissed.

You have your first set of friends, which are never usually more than 1 or 2 people, I call it best friends, others call it blood..whatever you choose to call it. These are the people who'll stick with you no matter what, who'll stand by you no matter what stupid thing you did yesterday or the foolish thing you said the day before. They'll standardly get in your face and tell you when your acting like a moron for the sole purpose that they care about you...simply put when you mess up they'll still be there. If you have even one of these types of people in your life consider yourself more than blessed.

The second set of friends are the fake ones. With these types all you need is ONE common ground with them, be it the interest in a male/female, the fact that you both like to go out raving, an ex, a particular person your pretending to like but you really can't stand them...anything...that one common ground is enough for a purpose to be in your life and stick with you like they're one of your best friends when the reality is that one common ground is the only reason why you are friends and once it's gone you have no real reason to even be around that person. A lot of people get confused and think these type of people are gonna be around for life because they "click" [ we've all fallen into this category at some point in our lives ] but once the common ground dies out & you go your seperate ways you end up heartbroken thinking you've lost a true friend, when they were never a true friend to begin with. Recognise this type of friend and keep them at your fingertips.

The third type of friends are the mood killers...well that's what I call them anyway. Them ones that every time you talk to them your mood is swayed [ mostly in a bad direction ], they don't even have to say anything, just the way their facial expression is set about something you're talking about is enough to put you off. They don't like what you like but they'll dislike what you dislike and you may think this is enough of a reason to keep them around...but it's really not. They're self absorbed, uncompassionate and their heads are so far gone up their backside they can't tell left from right let alone be a proper friend to you. They'll either keep you as a friend so they can make themselves look and feel better or they're using you until someone else comes along that they can ditch you for...so the only reason they ever started talking to you was to see what they could get out of you, not so you could benefit anything from them. Simply put friends like these deserve airtime.

Then of course, you get the haters, who'll smile in your face but behind your back it's a different story...you're always gonna have these, don't be surprised, the only way you can effectively deal with them without hurting yourself is to shake it off and go about your business, remember, they're the one loosing sleep over YOUR success, so don't get hurt when you hear someone who's supposed to be your friend has been talking about you behind your back, it's usually because they're the ones with the problem.

Then finally, you have the ones who are "just there". These are the type that if you decided to become dead to the world for a few days and suddenly come back they wouldn't even know you had gone. They aren't really in your life for any reason of significance, they just add to the number of unnecessary friends that you don't need. Everytime you friendship detox, at least two of these types of friends need to go.

I felt the need to write this because I recently realised how so very blessed I am to have some of the people I have in my life be there, for every bad friend you have another good friend can replace, so don't ever feel like your loosing out when you loose a friend who was never really good to you. It took me a while to learn this & it took a lot of pain before the message really settled in, it's a message not everyone is willing to comprehend but it needs to be said, as people we all need each other but your never ever going to need anyone who isn't good for you.


xoxo

2 comments:

Sojourner_iArt said...

People are in our lives for different seasons....We must learn to distinguish the difference between autumn and summer.

x

pOokie said...

Exactly, well said...I actually could've said it like that instead of typing this...essay lol.

x