Thursday 17 September 2009

Open Book.

Is it possible for me to put down the book without real end ?

The last chapter in the book still left unread
Or is there more to the story ? A part 2 or 3 ?
Too scared to look, too impatient to wait and see
Trust isn't something so freely given
Yet I'm lost in words & lies, told & written
Sitting in the centre of the world of make believe
Flipping through pages in hopes I can achieve...
The kind of fairy tale that I've always dreamed
Writing the definition of love, changing it, so it seemed
Eyes flying across the words of the story that you wrote
Becomming all too familiar with your lines & quotes
If it's possible to rewrite the book believe me I would
Change it so that it's for MY greater good
But the book's already written, the book without real end
The last chapter still very much left unread

- Pookie.

I wrote this pretty early this year, although a lot of you may not know what the hell I'm on about, it may be all over the place and there's no constant flow; the words and meaning behind it have great significance to me so I thought I'd post it up here. When I wrote it I was crying, an emotional wreck and had no sense of direction, so now reading it back I realize just how far I've come from that place. The closure I was so greatly seeking when I wrote this I no longer need nor do I want it,I realize that I did manage to rewrite the end of the book & the book just as it is all DID work for my greater good. I've grown.

xoxo

1 comments:

Sojourner_iArt said...

I may not know what the situation was behind this piece but that can't stop the emotion from it pouring off the page...nice!